The Secret To Effective Rodent Control For Seabrook Homes
January 15, 2022
Rodents can be relentless, even the little rodents with big eyes and cute features. How can a Seabrook homeowner take care of these kinds of rodents? Contacting Men In Black Pest Control can eliminate problems stemming from Texas rodents.
Types Of Rodents Common To Seabrook
When it comes to rodents found in this coastal region of Texas, a variety may cause problems for local home and business owners.
- Mice: The common house mouse and deer mouse are two mice that may darken Seabrook doors. Both of these types of little rodents can cause all sorts of trouble. Dark eyes, big ears, and a distinct set of whiskers are typical hallmarks of these small gray and brown mice. Seemingly harmless, mice can cause salmonellosis, rat-bite fever, and hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. Children’s allergies can be a direct result of mice's urine; droppings can aggravate symptoms in asthmatics. Mites, ticks, fleas, and lice can also hitch rides on mice.
- Rats: Roof rats and Norway rats are two kinds of rodents that no resident ever wants to see on his property. These rats are substantially larger than mice but have similar features: tails, whiskers, and dark eyes. Rats can cause quite a bit of damage to homes by gnawing through wires, pipes, drywall, wood, and vinyl which can lead to a fire hazard. These furry devils are also responsible for spreading bubonic plague, rat-bite fever, trichinosis, typhus, salmonellosis, and jaundice.
- Squirrels: Fox squirrels and gray squirrels are two types of squirrels that may find this region of Texas quite accommodating. Most of these bushy-tailed rodents are content to stay outdoors, but on occasion, can make nests inside attics. While squirrels don’t cause any health concerns, they can make big messes and damage attic areas by ripping up insulation.
A Little About Texas Rodents
Mice, rats, and squirrels typically invade businesses and homes in an attempt to gain shelter, food, water, or a combination of any of the three. Rodents have a documented history of living alongside humans, but benefitting from this relationship has been a one-way street.
How To Keep Rodents Away
Keeping these creatures away can be a task within itself, considering a rat can squeeze through a quarter-size hole and mice can wiggle through an opening the size of a dime. It may not be necessary to get rid of rodents if preventative measures are taken.
- Carry Out Housekeeping Duties: Wipe up crumbs with reckless abandon. Sweep, mop, and vacuum regularly, even behind furnishings and appliances. Frequently remove household garbage; empty into an outside receptacle that closes and sits away from the primary residence.
- Contact The Professionals: Ongoing rodent maintenance can be the real trick to keeping these creatures out of the home.
- Manage Moisture: Consider installing a dehumidifier in an especially damp area of the home, such as the basement. Check to make sure spigots and sprinkler heads are in good repair.
- Store Food Properly: Don’t provide a free-flowing buffet - empty pantry staples into canisters that seal tightly. Opt for glass or metal containers instead of flimsy plastic. Eliminate bags and boxes in the pantry area, as rodents can do quick work of these.
- Tackle Yard Duties: Eliminate piles of yard debris and rubbish. Stow firewood at least 20 feet away from the primary residence. Trim limbs from trees and hedges that grow too close to the home.
Get Rid Of Rodents In Seabrook
Removing one rodent at a time is not all that hard, but this task can be nearly impossible when there’s an infestation. Contacting the professionals at Men In Black Pest Control is the best, not to mention the safest way to eliminate a rodent infestation. Whatever types of rodents are in the home, our trained technicians can take care of them.